Megaworld Scholarship, adheres to the idea that a business exists to help others. We think it’s important to not only succeed but also contribute to the community to which we belong. Our commitment to giving back to society through the company’s socio-civic arm, the Megaworld Foundation, has been fueled by this conviction.
Megaworld Scholarship Foundation: What Is It?
The foundation of Megaworld is the notion that a business exists to assist people. Megaworld believes it’s critical to both succeed and contribute to the community in which we live. This conviction motivates us to continue contributing to society through the Megaworld Foundation, the business’s social and civic arm.
Our foundation celebrated its 15th anniversary in 2012. Our modest successes and contributions in the areas of education, health, the environment, human empowerment, and other noble endeavors make us proud to be a young foundation. In the third Asian Excellence Awards Special of Corporate Governance Asia, we were recognized for our work in corporate social responsibility and given the Best CSR award.
Through its scholarship program, the Foundation has actively promoted education from the start. The University of the Philippines and Mapua Institute of Technology were the Foundation’s first two partner institutions in 1999. Today, the Foundation offers assistance to 25 partner universities and colleges.
In its early years, the Foundation supported an average of 100 college scholars; today, it supports more than 400 students annually. In the disciplines of business, engineering, accounting, computer technology, architecture, communication arts, interior design, social sciences, hotel and restaurant management, and tourism, these students exhibit academic distinction.
For both public and private high schools, the foundation has offered high school scholarships this year. These students receive stipends and allowances in addition to full scholarship funding.
With the goal of having a good effect on its stakeholders and society, Megaworld Foundation aspires to be a leading foundation that promotes corporate social responsibility through cultural preservation, social development programs, and education.
- Reduce poverty by educating people, and empowering young people means relying on their skills and preparing them to take on leadership roles in the future.
- Make strategic alliances that will lead to a successful effort to reach out to and improve the lives of the society’s underprivileged sectors.
- Create a culture of bayanihan by planning and supporting CSR events to foster a desire for service.
- Promote and protect the Filipino people’s rich cultural legacy.
For those who are applying as incoming freshmen:
- Final high school grade report with an overall average of at least 85% or its equivalent and a minimum grade of 80% in each subject.
- a certificate of enrollment, admission letter, or score on an entrance exam for college.
- a certificate indicating that the graduate class’s top 10% (if available)
Incoming sophomores and juniors who are applying:
- Every grade report from the previous semester to the present semester that has a GPA of at least 85% or its equivalent and a minimum grade of 80% in every subject
- a registration/assessment form for full-time students with the class schedule
- the most complete and recent course materials
- Income Tax Return (ITR) or BIR Tax Exemption (original copy) with total gross income not exceeding Php 300,000.
- Birth certificate, Certificate of Father and Mother, and Affidavit of Non-File of Income Tax
- a letter of support from the school or institution (if available)
Rent, energy, water, phone, internet, and other utility costs.
- 2 pieces of 2X2 ID photos
- 2 pieces of 1X1 ID photos
- Picture of the applicant and their family or guardians
*Once the applicant has met the aforementioned standards, additional documentation, exams, and interviews will be required to evaluate their qualifications.
How can one apply to Megaworld?
For those who are applying as incoming freshmen:
Final high school grade report with an overall average of at least 85% or its equivalent and at least 80% in all subjects (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification) a certificate indicating that the graduate class’s top 10% (original copy)
Megaworld Foundation: What is it?
Megaworld Foundation, Inc. is the socio-civic arm of Megaworld Corporation. We are geared towards providing scholarships to deserving students, and financial assistance to other organizations that share the same vision as the Foundation.
Who is eligible for a scholarship from Megaworld?
Final high school grade report with an overall average of at least 85% or its equivalent and a minimum grade of 80% in each subject. a certificate of enrollment, admission letter, or score on an entrance exam for college. a certificate indicating that the graduate class’s top 10% (if available)
How many scholars are there from Megaworld?
1,000 students are currently supported by Megaworld Foundation in 76 partner schools across Metro Manila and various regions. After completing their studies, the scholars are offered complete tuition reimbursement, stipends, and employment prospects with Megaworld, its subsidiaries, and affiliates.
Is Megaworld a reputable business?
Is Megaworld a desirable employer? 3.4 out of 5 stars is the average rating for Megaworld based on more than 264 employee reviews. 53% of employees are optimistic about the company, and 48% would recommend Megaworld to a friend as a place to work.