In This Article Lets talk about Unifast Scholarship 2022 to 2023 Anyone from the Philippines who satisfies the prerequisites listed on this page is eligible to apply for the UNIFAST Scholarship for the academic years 2022 to 2023. Find out below about the program’s advantages as well.
The Republic Act 10931’s requirement ensuring that all eligible Filipinos have access to a good education is upheld via the Unified Student Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education, or UniFAST (short version).
Due to this, under the State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs) authorized by CHED, all qualified students are provided fully supported scholarships to pursue tertiary education without paying any tuition and other school expenses (LUCs). In addition, students can apply for a short-term loan if they require additional financial aid.
In other words, the main goal of the UniFAST Scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to Filipino students by offering free education and short-term loans to those who require them.
The RA 10931 divides programs into four groups, which are as follows:
- Higher Education for Free (FHE)
- Technical and vocational training that is free (TVET)
- Higher Education Grant (TES)
- Short-Term Student Loan Program for Higher Education (SLPTE-ST)
The Unified Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education Act is known as UniFAST. It is a subsidiary organization of the Commission on Higher Education and a federally funded initiative that consolidates all government-funded student financial assistance programs under one roof. The UniFAST Board established various student financial assistance programs, including loans, grants, and scholarships (StuFAPs).
Unifast Scholarship 2022 to 2023- History of UniFAST
The Unified Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education (UniFAST) is a program in the Philippines that brings together various government-funded student financial assistance programs, such as scholarships, grants-in-aid, and student loans. The exact date that UniFAST was established is not clear, but it is likely that the program has been in operation for several years.
UniFAST is administered by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), which is an attached agency of the Department of Education in the Philippines. CHED was created in 1994 under Republic Act No. 7722, also known as the Higher Education Act of 1994, which aimed to provide a comprehensive and integrated development of the Philippine higher education system. It is likely that UniFAST was established around this time or in the years following the passage of the Higher Education Act.
Unifast Scholarship 2022 to 2023- 13 benefits of free higher education or FHE entrance costs
- sports fees
- computing costs
- cultural charges
- fee for development
- Admission costs
- Advisory fees
- Handbook costs
- Observational fees
- Library costs
- dental/medical costs
- enrollment fees
- Student ID fees
TVET Eligibility and Benefits for the UniFAST Scholarship
A candidate must be enrolled in their first post-secondary TVET program that is registered with TESDA.
A National Certificate III or higher is not required of applicants, with the exception of those enrolling in packaged programs. Keep in mind that it depends on funding availability and priority setting.
- The cost of instruction, as well as any additional expenses.
- Provisions for trainee support include:
- Assessing National Competence
- educational resources
- a living stipend
- beginner’s toolbox
- Work clothes
Unifast Scholarship 2022 to 2023- Documents Needed for the UniFAST TES Program
The following documents are required of all applicants for the TES program; failing to deliver them in full will result in instant disqualification.
- Certificate of Enrollment/Registration
- the calculation of fees; and
- PWD ID, if necessary.
NOTE: A certificate of residency is required for students in TES Category 3.
Unifast Scholarship 2022 to 2023- SLPTE-ST Qualifications and Conditions
Students taking the SLPTE will gain the following advantages:
- Under this program, undergraduate and graduate students are enrolled in SUCs, LUCs that have received CHED recognition, and quality-assured private HEIs. This is also dependent on funding availability and priorities.
- Short-term loans will be available to students to assist them pay for their graduate or undergraduate programs. Additionally, this offer is open to students studying law and medical.
- The UniFAST short-term loan has a maximum sum of P60,000 per academic year;
- If only the student repays the loan during the loan term, no interest will be added to the loan.
Unifast Scholarship 2022 to 2023- SLPTE-ST Requirements for the UniFAST Scholarship in 2022
Candidates for this kind of scholarship are required to submit the following:
- properly filled out SLPTE-ST Application form;
- certification of applicants’ enrollment in schools;
- a co-government-issued maker’s identification; and
- Applicants’ income tax returns, if any, or other documentation of their family’s financial situation;
- Income Tax Return or other documentation of the co-income maker’s family’s
- Each applicant and co-maker are shown in a single image.
Deadline for the 2022–2023 UniFAST Scholarship
The 31st of December 2022 is the earliest UniFAST scholarship deadline. As a result, try to submit your online applications by the deadline.
Typically, in February, the UniFast scholarship application opens. As a result, it is expected that the 2023 to 2024 application will begin in February 2023. Please bookmark this page and return later to check for updates.
How to Apply Online for a 2022 UniFAST Scholarship
- Visit the official CHED-UniFAST website to apply for scholarships.
- Create a profile
- Register and submit your application.
- Last but not least, submit your application and await a response.
Unifast Scholarship 2022 to 2023- FAQs
Students must fulfill the following qualifying criteria in order to be eligible for financial aid under the Unified Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education (UniFAST) in the Philippines:
- Identify as a Philippine national.
- Obtain admission to a higher education facility (HEF) that has been granted certification by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- have a gross family income that is below the National Economic and Development Authority’s established poverty line (NEDA).
- meet any extra criteria imposed by the particular student financial aid program (StuFAP) the applicant is submitting an application for.
In order to apply for financial aid through UniFAST, students who meet these conditions must submit the necessary paperwork to CHED or the official implementing agency for the particular StuFAP they are applying for.
What are the benefits of UniFAST?
Education (UniFAST) offers eligible students who are pursuing higher education a number of advantages:
- Financial aid: UniFAST brings together a variety of publicly sponsored student financial aid programs, including scholarships, grants-in-aid, and student loans, that can assist students in covering the costs of tuition, fees, and other education-related expenses.
- Access to education: UniFAST makes tertiary education more inexpensive and accessible for Filipinos, particularly those from low-income households, by offering financial aid to deserving students.
- Better educational outcomes: Students who get financial aid from UniFAST are more likely to finish their studies and meet their educational objectives, which can boost career opportunities and living standards.
- Increased social mobility: By assisting more Filipinos to enroll in higher education, UniFAST can promote social mobility by giving students from underprivileged backgrounds the chance to raise their socioeconomic level.
Is there still funding for TES students? The UniFAST-Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) application is now open for the academic year 2022–2023.
When did UniFAST scholarship start?
In the Philippines, there is a program called UniFAST (Unified Financial Support System for Tertiary Education) that combines different government-funded student financial assistance programs like scholarships, grants-in-aid, and student loans. Although the actual date of UniFAST’s founding is unknown, the program has probably been running for a while.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED), a Philippine Department of Education-affiliated organization, is in charge of managing UniFAST. In order to ensure a thorough and integrated growth of the Philippine higher education system, CHED was established in 1994 as part of Republic Act No. 7722, generally known as the Higher Education Act of 1994. It’s possible that UniFAST was founded at this time or shortly after the Higher Education Act was passed.
What kind of scholarship is UniFAST?
In the Philippines, a program called UniFAST (Unified Financial Support System for Tertiary Education) unifies a number of government-funded student financial assistance initiatives, including bursaries, grants-in-aid, and student loans.
To assist in paying for tuition, fees, and other education-related expenditures, UniFAST offers financial prizes to deserving students. These scholarships are frequently merit-based, which implies that recipients must have excelled academically or made other exceptional achievements. Some UniFAST awards may also be need-based, which means that recipients must show a need for the money.
Similar to scholarships, UniFAST grants-in-aid are given to students who can prove their financial need. Unlike student loans, which must be repaid with interest, grants-in-aid are not required to be paid back.
UniFAST also provides student loans, which are financial loans that students can borrow to pay for their education, in addition to scholarships and grants-in-aid. Students who do not qualify for scholarships or grants-in-aid or who require additional financial aid to pay their educational expenses are generally given student loans, which must be repaid with interest.